Thursday, April 27, 2017
Stop Motion Studio is a free app for making stop motion animations. Although the app is free to download, it offers a variety of in-app purchases to make the stop motion experience better for everyone.
A stop motion animation is made by taking multiple photos of drawings or objects to give them the impression of movement. Then, by combining the photos, you can create a movie, short film, or video. If you want to give stop motion animation a try, Stop Motion Studio is a great app to use.
When filming, you can zoom the camera in and out and flip the camera to face yourself or the outside. Zooming is good if you want to get close-up shots of characters. There is also a timer so you don't have to press the red button every time you want to take a picture. This will also give you some time to move your character in between each scene. Another feature is Onion Skin, which makes an almost transparent copy of a picture when you go to take another one. This can be helpful when making an animation because if your figure falls over, you can put it back in its place. It's also used to make small movements so your figure doesn't look like it jumped out of its place.
When editing, you can fix and improve your videos. You can view each picture you take and edit it. You can change the frame speed from one to thirty frames per second. You can also make your video a loop so you can play it over and over again and you can play your last frames only, which takes you back to where you left off if you scroll back to an earlier frame while watching our video. You can add audio and enable or disable the sound.
Individually, the in-app purchases cost $0.99, but there are two that cost $1.99 each. You can buy them all together for $4.99. The features in this pack include Import Images, Remote Camera, Movie Effects, Paint, Green Screen, Themes, Sound Effects, 4K Ultra HD, and Rotoscoping.
The only criticism I have is that many of the features the app offers have to be payed for.
Tuesday, April 11, 2017
How Instagram can be Educational:
- A teacher can post pictures of student work.
- You can follow people who travel around the world so you can learn about different countries.
- Record steps in a science experiment.
- Record Field trip the class has been on.
- Share acceptance letter if you applied to a school.
- You can post students who made it on the scholar's list.
- Teachers can communicate with students on instagram
How instagram is not educational:
- Students can spread rumors
- People can use it during school with their iPads
- People can post pictures the other people didn't approve of.
- Make fake accounts or pretend to be someone else
- If you log in on another persons phone they can stay on your account and theirs by switching users
- You can record other people and post it on your Instagram story which everyone can see
- Under their pictures you can put negative comments.
- Screenshot and repost a picture of someone that the person wouldn't want on social media.
Thursday, April 6, 2017
Alexa v.s. Google
Alexa- (large) $179.99
Tasks for it to do:
- Play songs such as: Billy Joel, Imagine Dragons
- Sing Me A Song
- Tell Me a Joke
- Alarm clocks
- Find Items to buy
- Ask location and addresses for stores
We would recommend Google over Alexa because you do not have surrender as many privacies. We prefer the look of the google item more. As users you can look up and connect to anything that Google can connect to while using the device, whereas Alexa only connects to Amazon. This item gives you the freedom to work with the whole internet and not just one website. The price range is also much more preferred compared to Alexa. The answers Google give are easier to understand. Google also seems to have more answers than Alexa.